Thursday, November 04, 2004

photo of the day: nightmare before Christmas

Oh well, the title and the photo explain everything (hopefully)... There was a piece on NPR that I heard on my way back home, in which an immigrant guy in New York expressed my feeling. "I don't believe this. I'm an immigrant and I can't vote, and Americans elected that man again! I didn't think he would be reelected... everybody I meet everyday had complaint against him." My visceral reaction is just like his. My rational brain knows that I live in a liberal-leaning urban area as this immigrant man does, and it gives both of us the misperception that our view is shared by most Americans anywhere in the country. But I just can't believe (nor understand) this depressing result; this time, George W. Bush won more than half the popular votes, even with the record voter resistration and turnout. More than half the Americans do like him for all what he's done and he's planning to do . Had Kerry won, it wouldn't make a major difference in the direction this country with obscene influence over the whole world is going, but I don't think it could be any worse than Bush's intolerance in every corner of his policy. ...How hopelessly different our perception, thinking, and feeling can be from one another, expressed in this election, just amazes me. (Oak Park, IL, Nov./4/2004)
Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home