Monday, May 02, 2005

audible illusion

Sinece P and I are an international couple with some language issues (mainly my Japanese-influenced pronunciation and slightly-better-than-an-eighty-year-old-grandma listening ability), our daily life is full of entertaining linguistic mishaps. One earlier incident is here.

Yesterday in the morning, when we were contemplating on what to do, I suggested that there was an antique fair going on in the Merchandise Mart, a monstrous building along the Chicago River. "What!?" His response seemed to be oddly agitated, disproportionate to only an antique fair. "An antique fair," I repeated. "Ahhh," he said in a muffled voice. (His head was behind a pillow.) "I thought you said an armpit hair was going on there."

...An enormous building, 25 floors high and two city blocks long, all full of armpit hair. That would be the thing to see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home