Friday, February 10, 2006

Pre-Valentine's Day Art Sale in Chicago

autumnal declaration (of love)
Declaration of Love in Autumn

My photographs will be on display and for sale on Friday, February 10 in Rogers Park, Chicago. The show, titled "Love Shack," features works of two photographers (including me), a jewery maker and a drawing artist. It takes place at a private residence--an absolutely beautiful three-bedroom antique apartment near the Lake Michigan, belonging to Brooke Costello, who is the organizer of the show. Time and the exact location is toward the bottom of this post.

The other photographer (who happened to be my boyfriend), has selected prints from his urban architectural and cityscape shots. The drawer, whom I haven't had a chance to meet, uses Indian ink and dry brush to create minimalist but gorgeous silhouettes of female bodies. As for myself, I will focus on my nature photographs, which were the starting point of my photographic experiments--I started photography in my parents' backyard and nearby forest preserves. Below are some of the photographs that will be included (and thus for sale) in the show.

lotus
Lotus

feather
Feather

紫に雫 dewdrops on purple
Dewdrops

impressionist reflection
Impression

Love Shack Art Show
time: 3 pm to 9 pm
location: 5089 N. Winthrop Ave. Apt. 3N (Brooke Costello)

For Google map, click here. As a rule, the area suffers from a pretty bad parking shortage. The good news, though, is that the apartment is two blocks from the Thorndale station of the CTA Red Line, and buses 36, 84, 136, 147, 151 are also convenient from downtown. Once you are at the door to the building, just buzz the apartment 3N. One of us should be able to let you in and greet you on the third floor. Brooke will accept cash and check (bring plenty!). If you have any questions, leave a comment to this post. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home