Thursday, February 23, 2006

old school

My father can be quite clueless when it comes to worldly things. When I was ten, I stopped him from putting a plastic steamer (meant to be used in microwaves) on stovetop to heat it. It was very close but he didn't burn the house down.

Just five minutes ago, I spotted him licking the back of postage stamps he was using to mail in a check. I know one has to lick the back of postage stamps in order to make it stick to envelopes in Japan. Maybe he was so used to doing it that it was automatic. But... couldn't he tell that the American ones he was using were... in fact... stickers? He peeled them off the backing sheet himself. I dunno.


keywords: father, daughter, parent, funny, Japan, U.S.A.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger satomi said...

just came across your blog, clicking on Atsuko Suga on my favorite list. Nice web.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home